The Perth Amboy Free Public Library offers proctoring services for exams taken by distance learners. The following guidelines apply:
- Proctoring is a free service for Perth Amboy residents. Test takers who live outside of Perth Amboy will be charged a $15 fee payable in cash.
- A minimum of one-week advance notice is required. In addition, all test-taking requirements must be received from the issuing educational institution before any tests are taken.
- Exams will be scheduled during normal library hours of operation.
- Proctoring consists of:
- Checking identification of student taking the exam.
- Noting the time that an exam was started and completed in the Library.
- Signing the required school supplied documentation.
- Examinations will be taken in a quiet area of the library.
- The exam proctor will be the librarian in charge at the time the exam is taken.
- Direct supervision during the exam is not provided.
- Staff will seal the envelope of the completed exam and place in library outgoing mail.
- The Library does not keep copies of completed exams.
- It is the student’s responsibility to confirm that this proctoring policy meets the requirements of the institution giving the examination.
- The service must not involve any direct cost to the Library. Students or the administering institution will be responsible for providing postage and any other expenses incurred.
- It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that the library’s computing resources are adequate for their test taking requirements. The Library accepts no responsibility for Internet connections.
- Completed exams will be returned to the testing institution via the U.S. Postal Service in postage-paid envelopes provided by the student or institution.