What’s in it for me?
Your library card is your key to the resources and services offered by the Perth Amboy Free Public Library. A library card has a number of perks.
- Access to thousands of books. Our patrons have access to over 80,000 Books in English, Spanish, and Large Print; 90 Magazines; DVDs and more, all free with their library card. If we do not have a particular book, patrons can also request books through our Interlibrary Loan program.
- Free Borrowing privileges at participating New Jersey libraries. Patrons can use their card at close to 50 libraries in New Jersey.
- Access to databases and digital resources. A Perth Amboy Free Public Library card allows users to gain access to a variety of digital resources that provide both educational and recreational experiences. Some of these databases include:
- RBDigital: The ultimate app for magazine lovers, with digital magazines for iPad, iPhone, Android, Mac & PC. News may break elsewhere – stories live on RBDigital.
- Hoopla: Borrow digital audiobooks, e-books, movies, music, TV, and comics instantly.
- Lynda.com: Access over 130,000 engaging, high-quality videos and 4,500 courses taught by recognized industry experts. Popular fields of study include web design, web development, IT, education/instruction, media production, and business (including Microsoft Office and Windows). New courses added weekly.
- Rosetta Stone: The award-winning interactive approach has been used by millions of learners around the world and now is accessible in the library or anytime, anywhere.
- Homebound Delivery Service. Are you unable to make it out of the house? Then let the library come to you! Patrons can sign up online or by calling the library.
- Access to Public Computers. Perth Amboy residents can use the library computers with their library card.
- Free Admission & Discounts to Museums with our museum pass program.
Want to see your library card do more? We are always open to suggestions!